Johns Creek, GA
Full Time Employee
6 – 10+ years
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Movius is seeking Technical Support Engineers to join our Johns Creek office. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting and developing technical solutions related to software and set-up errors.
Candidate must have a great attitude, be self-motivated, detail oriented and a team player. It is important that this candidate is proactive in a fast-paced, dynamic, rapid-development environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Troubleshoot and develop technical solutions related to software and setup errors for field engineers, technicians, and customers.
- Create workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Escalate urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- Participate in the activities of product teams whose products are built upon Unix or Unix-like operating systems and networks.
- Train others, on-the-job, in essentials of various Unix operating systems and network concepts.
- Install, configure and maintain networks in a Unix or Unix-like environment.
- Participate in product reviews to influence the development and integration of Movius products and how they will integrate in customer’s data network.
- Review, plan and evaluate network systems.
- Provide documentation, project tracking, and management reporting.
- Provide installation support to installers in the field.
- Manage technical engagement with assigned strategic customers, including:
- Case workload management and follow-up
- Customer outage management and escalations
- Manage internal escalation to Movius team members on behalf of the customer
- Contribution to and attendance in weekly, monthly, quarterly operations review
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluent in English.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Ability to identify and prioritize important tasks independently.
- Degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Require a Bachelors degree in a related area and/or 6-10 years of experience in the field.
- Fluent in English is required.
- Bi-Lingual Individuals should also apply
- Working experience with Linux operating systems to include system administration.
- Knowledge of IP routing technology, configuration and administration.
- Knowledge of IP switching technology.
- Working experience with IP telephony protocols.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for network administration.
- Working knowledge of common Microsoft Office programs and tools.
- Familiarity with C, C++, Java, and VXML.
- 5 years working experience with telephony products.
- 3 years technical support experience.
To apply submit resume with Subject: "Technical Support Engineer ”